Fitness & Health Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions with supplements

5 posters

Go down

Questions with supplements Empty Questions with supplements

Post by dreamwaves Thu May 06, 2010 12:32 am

What is the best supplement for optimum weight gain? I need to have something that can add on the most pounds the quickest. Flavor doesn't matter too much to me, as long as the product is good.
dreamwaves
dreamwaves
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Questions with supplements Empty Re: Questions with supplements

Post by Garthy Thu May 06, 2010 5:39 am

Hi there - I would advise a protein drink which also has a large volume of carbs and healthy fats in. The best product I have used for this purpose is Pro Mass by CNP. Flavour was great and it works out at about 450 calories per serving. You can mix it with milk or water. I was using this 2/3 times a day when I was lefting heavy weights and it certainly helped.

Whichever product you choose you should ensure that your diet is also geared towards gaining weight, so eating 6/8 times per day, every 3 hours and plenty of complex carbs and healthy fats.
Garthy
Garthy
Admin
Admin

http://www.fitness.uk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dannycap Fri May 07, 2010 5:54 am

Hi Dreamwaves and welcome to the forum

As Garthy has said your diet should be the priority when looking to gain weight. You need to be in exceess of calories of about 500 above your Base Metabloic Rate. You can workout you BMR by using the tool on the website http://fitness.uk.net/bodyfatcalculator.htm.

I would advise keeping a diary of what you eat so as you can keep track of calories and your macronutrient split. Then you diet can be tweaked where required

If then you find it difficult to get in the calories look at a high calorie Meal Replacement. I like to make me own Meal Replacement drink using oats ,milk/water and a quality whey protein powder.

Also remember that fats provide 9 calories per gram where as carbohydrates and protein provide 4 calories per gram. Consider increasing helathy fats intake. Oily fish, nuts, avacado and flax seeds are a good source of healthy fats.
dannycap
dannycap
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by track Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:27 pm

I am currently using Casilan in which I am getting results as well, but consult your doctor before you use this milk powder.

track
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by davidmartin414 Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:36 am

THANKS FOR SHARE THE BEST supplement for optimum weight gain

davidmartin414
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Back to top Go down