Fitness & Health Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Workout Supplements

+3
bevan2011
stotalhealth
A.MAc
7 posters

Go down

Workout Supplements Empty Workout Supplements

Post by A.MAc Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 am

Most fitness experts will tell you that what you put into your body after a workout has a huge effect on the results you will see from your efforts. You’ve just spent time breaking down your muscles and, in order for you to grow, you need for them to rebuild stronger and better. In order to do so, they need the proper nutrition to grow.

Carbohydrates are an important part of any post workout supplement as your body needs fuel since you have just depleted it. The sooner it gets the fuel, the sooner it can begin the rebuilding process. Carbohydrates also provide an insulin spike which means that the body will transport the nutrients to the muscle cells quicker. A supply of carbohydrates will also prevent the body from using protein as an energy source, which needs to be used by the muscles in order to grow.

Since protein is what your muscles need more than anything in order to grow, be sure that your post workout supplement has the proper amount of it. After a workout, your muscles are extremely receptive to nutrition. They are essentially starved. Since whey protein gets absorbed the fastest, it is the most common type of protein included in these types of supplements.

As with pre-workout supplements, amino acids are often a component. These building blocks of protein are needed for your muscles to grow back stronger. Most post workout supplements also contain glutamine. These specific amino acids play an important role in muscle recovery.

Creatine is often added to post workout supplements. Since you’ve just depleted your creatine stores, you now need to replenish them. It takes time for creatine to be absorbed into the muscle cells for use, so by consuming creatine at this time you can be sure your cells are loaded for the next time you work out.

Timing is critical when it comes to post workout supplements. You generally want to consume your post workout nutrition within the first thirty minutes after finishing your workout. You can wait up to ninety minutes after but the sooner you can consume it is the better. The timing of your post workout nutrition can drastically affect your muscle building results. Remember that you need to re-supply your body with the proper nutrition as soon as possible in order to see the biggest gains.

Lastly, as with all nutritional supplements, be sure to read the labels. Not all post workout supplements are created equal. They will all have different ingredients and different percentages of those ingredients. Depending on your goals, some products will work better than others.

http://nutripro.net/ bounce

A.MAc
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Workout Supplements Empty Re: Workout Supplements

Post by stotalhealth Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Hey u have added great tips on the topic...
Carbohydrates are very important for our body...
i like ur post....

Thanks for sharing this informative post..
thanks........

http://www.totalhealthguide.net/hair-loss-treatment.html

stotalhealth
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by bevan2011 Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:07 am

I would rather suggest you to consult your doctor before purchasing any supplements because some powder may not suit our body which results in cancer, hair loss and etc. I am consuming Mega Mass which is working out very well.

bevan2011
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by Faji Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:25 am

And that is a fact , that what ever you use after workout . Specially your meal . Got great effects on your body and healthy food leads you towards nice and toned body .

Faji
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by marklee Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:26 am

Creatine is an effective supplement and it is legal. Also use a whey protein drink during the day. Creatine will give you a short boost of energy pre - workout. Shortly after working out always consume some complex carbs and protein to rejuvinate your body.
A good site to go to is bodybuildingforyou.com. It is a great site and offers alot of information on supplementation and work out routines.

http://www.astermeds.com/

marklee
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

http://www.astermeds.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sandradavis Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:00 pm

My favorite pre-workout and intra-workout dietary supplement is Bulldozer XL5000 from Neuro Research Group. I love the formula, clean and have no additives and fillers. It gives me amazing energy, strength, muscle pump and amazing recovery. It contains a good ratio of Amino Acids. I think the product is safe overall, but I also believe at 16 you pretty much do not need anything as you will grow naturally if you workout hard and build a good foundation. Very Happy

www.expresspharmarx.com

sandradavis
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce23 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:46 am

I have been struggling with my weight for as long as I can remember. It’s not that I live that unhealthy but my busy schedule makes it hard to work out. My family from Belgium told me about a diet. The Pronokal diet program, they said that a Belgian minister, who was clearly overweight started taking this diet and it looked like he had lost a lot of weight.
Hearing this made me do some research about this diet. It is fair to say that I found a lot in the media about it. The Belgian politician named Bart De Wever, made a promise that he would start losing weight around Christmas. Also having a busy schedule, exercising daily was not an easy solution. He found out about the Pronokal diet program, who work with different protein products but only by doctor’s prescription. It is fair to say that this diet worked for him, he already lost over 40 pounds.
Though my research made me realize it is not that easy. You actually have to go to a doctor first, who checks if your liver and kidneys work optimal. This is due to the fact that during the pronokal fact ketones are produced, which send signals to your brain that stills your appetite. They can be harmful for those who have bad working kidneys and liver.
After the first doctor’s appointment you still need to pay some visits to the doctor, who follow you up and gives you the necessary prescriptions. They also work with psychologists and dietitians who help you throughout the process.
Then the first phase starts, during this phase you essentially live on surrogate proteins giving you around 80% of your weight loss. After a while you are able to eat meat and vegetables again. With the exception of vegetables with a high sugar content. As I stated before, you get help from dieticians, and if necessary they get you your mineral supplements, extra protein and vitamins to keep your muscles intact.
After this phase, other phases follow, but it only gets easier from that point. When you realize that it works, it’s not that hard to keep up with the diet program. Off course it is not for free, I did some calculations and I end up paying around 7,5 pounds every day. But I’m now almost half way true the first phase and I already lost 23 pounds. My conclusion is that if you are able to put up the effort, the Pronokal diet program works fine.

Bruce23
Couch Potato
Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down